Function Point has a robust CRM component that allows you to add all the companies you do business with, and their associated contacts. Inputting new Companies and Contacts into your FP system is easy! Just follow the steps below.
Add a Company
Login to your FP system. From the main navigation bar, hover over Companies and choose Add Company.
You will land on the Add Company page. Required fields are marked in blue. We recommend inputting as much information as you can, but you can always come back to this page to add more information as it becomes available.
The names in the menu for the AE field are controlled by a staff-level permission. Learn more about setting that permission here: Setting Staff to Appear as AE in Drop Down Menus
Dropdown menu fields, including Province/State, Country, Classification, Status, Company Type, Qualification, Source and Industry Type, can have their content controlled and configured. Do so via the Admin menu > System Set Up > List Maintenance.
Fields such as Rate Category and Tax Group pull content from the Admin area. Review these articles for more information:
The following are our suggestions for how to use some of these fields:
- Rate Category - Selecting from one of your rate cards here at the Company level, will mean that the rate will be pre-picked for you when you go to add work for this client.
- Classification - Consider using this field to track client engagement levels, with terms like "At Risk", "Engaged" or "Evangelist."
- Qualification - Where in the sales cycle are you with this company? Maybe you're at a first demo, or contract review, or they are a client.
- Source - Where did you gain this client, prospect or supplier from? A Google AdWords campaign? A web banner ad? A referral from another client?
When you are done, click Save to save this Company record.
Add Contacts to the Company
Now that the Company is in place, you can add Contacts who are associated to that Company. From the Add New button, choose Contact.
The Add Contact page is where you can fill in information about the Contact. Required fields are marked in blue, and some information will auto-fill from the Company level. Just like with the Company Page, we recommend inputting as much information as you can, but you can always come back to this page to add more information as it becomes available.
Some helpful notes:
- The options that show under the Contact Type menu are controlled under List Maintenance.
- Just as on the Company page, the Contact page can have as many Custom Fields added as you like. Learn how to create them here: Creating Custom Fields for Your Companies & Contacts
- Mailing List and Holiday are a couple of optional settings you can use as part of FP's Bulk Emailing feature. Learn more here: Bulk Emailing with FP
When you have added all the content for this Contact, click Save.
Repeat these steps to add more Companies and Contacts to your FP system.