From any Job page, you can click the tab called Financials, to see all the financial data on that Job. Please review this article to learn what makes up this tab.
And note that the information on the Job Financial Page can also be printed in a PDF format using the Expanded Summary Report.
When you navigate to a Job, you will land on the Job Summary tab. Along the tab row there are lots of other view options, including a tab called Financials.
What content displays on the Financials tab is permission based, but can show as much as you see above. Column content can include:
- Name: Refers to the Service Groups and Services at the Estimate level. Details about the planned work. By clicking into these lines, you can drill into any associated timesheets or expense forms.
- Est. Qty: Estimate Quantity. The estimated hours for Services, or estimated costs for expenses to complete the work. Numbers are pulling from the Estimate.
- Estimate: The estimated dollar amount based on the estimated hours for the Service, or estimated cost for expenses. Numbers are pulling from the Estimate.
- Act. Qty: Actual Quantity. The duration of time tracked against the Job, or the cost of an expense to the agency before any discounts.
- Cost: The company cost of the Service or expense. Expense costs are the final dollar value that is paid to the Vendor or Supplier. Service costs are based on the hourly cost for the employee as entered in the Staff Detail pages in the ADMIN area.
- Actual: The current total Billable amount of the Job. If additional time or expenses are entered against the Job, this number will change accordingly.
- Variance: The difference between the estimated amount and the actual amount. Timesheet descriptions and expense/ PO details will also appear here.
- Invoice: The amount that has been invoiced to the client so far. How much the client has been billed to date.
- + / - : The difference between the invoiced and actual amounts. How much remains to be billed (shown as a negative value). If the client has a paid retainer or credit that is more than the actual amount, this will show as a positive number.
- Add: Click on the "+" icon to create a new Task against an Internal Service line, or an Expense form against an External Expense or Internal Expense line.
More details, column by column below.
Your Service Group and Service level content, as selected during the Estimate creation process. If this content needs adjusting, do so on the Services tab of the Estimate.
Where Actuals exist, you can drill in to see more information on those Actuals. Time or expenses that have not yet been included on an Invoice will show as Non-Billed, whereas time or expenses that have been included on an Invoice will show as Billed.
Note that you may find it easier to look at details related to Job level Timesheets or Expenses on their own tabs here on the Job.
Column: Est. Qty (Estimate Quantity)
The estimated hours (for Internal Services), dollars (for External Expenses) and number of units (for Internal Expenses) to complete the work. These values are pulled from the Estimate, and would need to be changed on the Estimate. Values that are followed by an "h" represent hours. Only the hours content is totalled in the Total bottom row.
The estimated dollar amounts based on the values from the quantity column times the rate (dollars per hour, mark-up percentage) used. If information needs to change, it again needs to be done on the Estimate level and the Services tab.
Column: Act. Qty (Actual Quantity/Hours)
This is the duration of time tracked against the Job OR the cost of an expense to the company before any discounts. Values that are followed by an "h" represent hours, with a "%" represent percentage mark ups, and those with nothing following are units.
The company cost of the service or the expense. Expense costs are the final dollar value that is paid to the Vendor or Supplier. Service Costs are based on the hourly cost for the employee, as entered in the Staff Detail record in the Admin area.
The current total Billable amount of the Job, based on time and expenses entered to the Job. If additional time or expenses are entered against the Job, then this number will change accordingly.
The difference between the estimated amount and the actual amount. Timesheet descriptions and Expense/PO details as entered in the middle description field on the Add Expense (Multi Line Expense) will appear here.
Column: +/ -
The difference between Invoice and Actual. How much remains to be billed (shown as a negative number), or how much credit/retainer remains in the customer’s account, if the customer has paid a retainer that is more than the Actual amount (shown as a positive number).
Click on the "+" button to create a Task for the Service, or expense form for an expense, in the corresponding row.
Filter by Start & End Dates Option
At the top of the Financial tab, you will see the option to limit what you show based on Start and End Dates. This can be a powerful little widget to see the health of this job for a specific time frame. To use this filter, choose a Start Date, End Date and click the Filter by Date button.
Because time began being tracked to this Job on April 12th, if I filter up until the 11th, we can see a significant change to the Actuals content.
Note that changing the date(s) will not change the Estimated values, as those do not alter based on date.
We welcome your questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org