Just like any other organization, your agency may have staff leave and be hired on. As these events happen, you will want to keep your fp. system up to date, and keep us in the loop should your account need updating.
Please review this article to learn how to monitor the number of licenses (seats) you pay for with fp., the number of licenses you are actively using, as well as how to add or remove licenses.
Review your Invoice
At the time you first sign up with Function Point, you will have informed us of the number of licenses you require - 5, 12, 20 or more. Your invoice from fp. each month will indicate the number you have currently, as well as any other add-ons or services.
View from your own system
If you have access to the Admin panel in your system, you can also see a good deal of your account information here. From the Admin menu, choose Rate and Staff Management > Staff, Staff Rates & Permissions.
Hover over the +New Staff button. You will see:
- The number of Active Users in your system. So the staff members on this list view who have an active status.
- The number of Inactive Users in your system. So the staff members who at one time had an fp. license, but are on this list view with an inactive status.
- The Total Licenses you have with fp. This number should match what shows on your invoice.
- The number of Available Licenses you have. Above, I have a total of 10, but only 9 are in use, meaning I have 1 that can be associated to a member of staff. Refer to this information to ensure you're using all the licenses you're paying for.
Add more licenses to your account
At this time, should you need to add more licenses to your account, you will need to contact us. The fastest way to do this is via email: firstname.lastname@example.org Emailing Support will generate a ticket, and we always respond as quickly as possible. Additional licenses can usually be added within a few hours or less.
Once the licenses are added to your account, you can follow the steps for Adding New Staff Members.
Any licenses you add, will be seen on your next invoice.
Remove licenses from your account
At this time, should you need to remove licenses from your account, you will need to contact us. The fastest way to do this is via email: email@example.com Emailing Support will generate a ticket, and we always respond as quickly as possible.
Important to note with the reduction of licenses:
- We do ask for 30 days notice to remove licenses from your account
- Your account needs to have a minimum of 5 licenses
Swapping licenses between staff users
Licenses are not tied to any of your particular staff users. If you mark a staff member as Inactive, you can essentially give their license to another staff member.
Begin by making the staff user Inactive, this frees up their license. Then make sure the other staff person is a Contact under your Office, with the Contact Type of Staff. You can then use the +New Staff button in the Admin view, to give them the freed up license. Learn more detailed steps here:
We welcome your questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org