In the Admin area of your system, you will find List Maintenance. Here, you can control what appears in any non-staff and non-rate related dropdown menu throughout your FP system. This is a powerful piece of the FP tool, and can really help to make FP your own.
To get to List Maintenance, go to Admin > System Set Up > List Maintenance.
Note that accessing the Admin area is permission based. Speak to your in-house FP Administrator if your access levels need to change.
The page is divided into 2 parts:
1) Select A List: From here, click on the name of the drop down menu field you're looking to edit, such as Country, Job Status, or Company Status.
2) Edit List Items: Here, you will see what currently appears in the drop down menu. You will also see if any item is set as the default value for the field, if it is required, and if set as Active. You can also choose to Add New items to appear in the drop down menu, and Save any changes you make.
Example - Adding a New Country
Click on Country from the Select a List section on the left.
The countries currently in your dropdown menu for that field will populate into the Edit List Items area. Click Add New.
Enter the new Country name. Click Save when ready.
The new option immediately shows in the main part of the system now, on the Country menu.
What List name means what, and where they appear in your system
The List of available dropdown menus in List Maintenance is lengthy, and it is unlikely you will need to edit, update or use all of them. We do want to be sure you understand what each one means:
- Brief Compensation: Found on the Brief Add page. (This list looks the same as the Estimate Category list but is not controlled in the same place.)
- Brief Status: Found on the Brief Add page.
- Classification : Found on Company Add page. Wildcard/blank field available for you to enter any choices you want to use to organize your contacts (see CRM)
- Company Source : Found on Company Add/Edit page. Where you got the referral from.
- Company Status : Active for current companies. Inactive for former clients.
- Company Type : Company Add/Edit page. Client, Courier, Office. Office is your company’s record only. Contacts marked as Courier or Vendor are available to create External Expenses against.
- Contact Status : Active for current contacts. Inactive for former contacts.
- Contact Type: How to indicate who’s who. “Staff” is only available for your Office record and is used for your staff only. All others are used for your contacts for other companies. “Client Staff” is most commonly used.
- Cost Center: Used on Briefs, Companies and Jobs. if Cost Centers are enabled. Allows you to charge a division or department within itself. (Specifying which division will be charged for the work.)
- Country: Found on both the Company & Contact Add/Edit page.
- Currency Type: Allows for multi-currency calculation (pre-defined) on Invoice Printouts only. Found on the Invoice Description/Update Invoice Description page.
- Estimate Terms: The terms of the your Estimate which display on the bottom of the Estimate printout.
- Estimate & Job Type: Listed as Estimate Type on the Estimate Add page.
- Industry Type: Found on the Company Add page (required field).
- Invoice Activity: A way to classify invoices. Eg. “First invoice sent” or “Final invoice sent”. This does not display on any printout.
- Job Billing Status: Found on the Job Details page. Used to indicate Billable vs. Non-Billable (ie. in house) jobs.
- (Job) Category: Found on the Estimate Add/ Edit page. Optional field pre-populated with "Retainer", "Time & Materials" and "Fixed Price"
- Job Status: Found on the Job Details page. There are 5 required statuses, but these can be marked as Inactive so as to not show on your jobs. Please review this article to learn more.
- Link Source: Appears on the Job Details page Allows you to associate a job related link to its source (ie. Google, Dropbox)
- Milestone: Used in Timelines and Production Reports [give link to documentation]
- Note Category: Shown on Add or Edit Note page. A way of organizing/classifying notes for search purposes
- Overtime Multiplier: Used when Overtime on Bill Out Rate or Overtime on Cost Rate is enabled, shows on Timesheet Add page only.
- Payment Method: Found on the Update Invoice page.
- Payment Notes: Wildcard for adding extra text below the Payment Terms. Found at the bottom of the Invoice Description page.
- PO Disclaimer: Found on the Multi Line Expense/PO/Expense Edit page on the very bottom left under “Terms”
- Payment Term: Found on the Update Invoice page.
- Priority List: Found on the Task Add/Edit page. Used to search by Priority.
- Project Status: Found on the Project Details page.
- Project Term: The terms of the your Project level Estimate which display on the bottom of the Project Estimate printout.
- Project Type: Found on the Project Details page.
- Prov State: Found on both the Company & Contact Add/Edit page.
- Qualification: wildcard/blank field available for you to enter any choices you want to use to organize your contacts (see CRM)
- Role: Specify Staff/Company Roles for use with Role Rates (see documentation). Drop down shows during Estimate creation.
- Skill: Define Skills and levels for Staff members. Setup Staff Skills is found by clicking on the center button on the upper right row of buttons (between privileges and rates) in the Staff Detail page.
- Skill Level: Define Skills and levels for Staff members. Setup Staff Skills is found by clicking on the center button on the upper right row of buttons (between privileges and rates) in the Staff Detail page.
- Staff Group: Found on the Staff Detail page (feature currently inactive other than for searches)
- Staff Office Status: Specifies what can be chosen on the In/Out board on the bottom bar.
- Task Type: Specified on the Add Task page.
- Work Type: Shows on the Estimate Add page if “Work Type” is enabled in the Admin Area
List Maintenance is a great way to make your FP system feel more like your own. Please reach out to us if you have questions or concerns at email@example.com