1. Your first step is to hover your cursor over the Projects module, and select Add Project.
2. You will then be brought to the Add Project page, where you will find the following fields. Fill them in and click Submit.
- Project Name: Enter a name that includes the company name (or part of the company name), and enough detail that people will know what the project is all about, from the name alone.
- Project Budget: This should equal the amount the client is agreeing to pay. If you do not know this value currently, leave it blank and fill it in later.
- Office: Leave as Redbird.
- Project Term: Leave as Standard.
- AE: Choose the appropriate person.
- Company Name: This should be the client name. Type a partial and click tab or click your cursor out of the field to narrow your search.
- Code: The code should have the client initials, a dash, the project initials, a dash, and the year. For a project called "Example Project" for the client "Function Point", the code would be: FP-EP-2017.
- Project Type: Select BOHSA or Project Fee.
- Status: Select "Open" is the project is already approved. Select "Preliminary" if the project has not been approved and signed yet.
- Client PO Number: Enter a PO number only if one was provided by your client. If no PO number was specifically provided, leave blank.
- Description: Enter a description that includes how the client will be paying (eg: 50% at signing, 50% upon delivery).
3. You now need to add the Budget to your Project. Click "Add New" and select Budget.
4. Multiple Budgets can go into a Project. Each Budget will become a Job, and each Job represents a deliverable. If your Project only has 1 deliverable, then you only need to enter 1 Budget/Job.
Once you select to add a Budget, you will be brought to the Add Budget page.