If you have a large volume of expense types that have preset costs, you may want to consider adding "Default Costs" to your FP system. Having these default costs will save you time when building Estimates and will remove the need to keep track of these rates in a separate place. Let FP do the remembering for you!
Follow these quick easy steps to add a default cost to external expenses in your FP system:
1. Navigate to Admin > Service And Expense Management > External Expenses (% Mark Up)
2. Select the existing expense from your existing "External Expense Name" list OR
3. Select the "+ Add Expense" button to add a new one
4. If you are creating a new external expense the "Default Cost" field will be open to you. If you are adding a default cost to an existing external expense you will need to select the "Edit Details" button.
*The cost you enter is what you as an agency will be charged by your Freelancer, Supplier and or Vendor.
5. Return back to your "Admin External Expenses List" to check the accuracy of your default cost. Please note that this is the only page in Admin where your default cost will be visible.
Once your default cost has been saved, it will then be visible when you select the associated external expense service when building an estimate.
It will also appear when you create a job related expense. The rate will autofill when the associated expense type is selected. This action occurs when you are ready to record the bill from your Freelancer, Supplier and or Vendor.