This article outlines the steps needed to add new staff into your FP system if you have available user licenses on your current subscription. If you need to add users to your subscription please review the article Managing Your Subscription.
To add new staff please do the following:
1. Navigate to Admin>Rate And Staff Management>Staff, Staff Rates And Permissions.
2. To add new staff click the "+ New Staff" button located in the top right corner.
*The Admin Staff List page displays both active and inactive staff. You can change the status of staff by selecting the "Staff Details" button associated with any staff and updating the "Current Status" field.
3. In the Add Staff page you will see a message that displays the number of users you can add into your system on your current subscription. If you have available users select the "+" button along the "Name" field. Next, fill in the details on the "Add New Contact" pop out and select "Save".
4. Review the details and add in any additional information i.e. Role, Hourly Cost, and Billable Hours Target %. The "User Name" and "Password" has automatically been generated, and the "Force Reset Password" box is automatically checked. Click the "Show" link to reveal the password. You will need to provide the new user with their log in credentials. If the "Force Reset Password" check box is selected then your new staff will be prompted to change their password on their first log in.
5. Click Submit.
*We recommend clicking "Submit" even if you have to add multiple staff as it will complete the set up for your staff.
6. Assign permissions and click "Submit".
7. If the new staff person has a Billing Rate that is different then the Company Rate (displayed in parentheses) then enter the value in Step 2 "Manage Staff Rate Overrides". Otherwise scroll to the bottom of the page and hit "Save".
8. To continue adding new staff simply click "Staff" in the blue breadcrumb located in the top left corner of the page.