With the help of free Google Chrome add-on used along with Gmail, you are able to automatically keep a copy of your email in Function Point.
- The email address within the FP database needs to match the email address you are sending to exactly.
- The staff member needs to be both a listed Contact under your Office, as well as be an Active staff member in your Admin area. The email address for the staff member must match the email address the email is being sent from.
- The system will never capture emails between staff members.
- From the Admin menu, choose System Set Up > System Preferences.
Locate the unique address
- Select E.Mail tab > Copy the address in FP System Mailto
This is the address you will need to use in upcoming set-up steps.
- In Chrome Web Store, add the extension Auto Cc & Bcc for Gmail
Once added, you will see the blue envelope at the top right corner of your Chrome browser.
- Select it > Select Enable Auto Cc emails > Paste the address copied from FP E.Mail Settings page in the CC line > Save your options
Note that it must be the CC line in order for FP to receive the message
In FP, click on an email address you'd like to send an email to. If you compose mail page did not appear on your browser, your default program for mail will need to be changed.
Instruction to set your browser to handle mailto: https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/set-gmail-as-browser-default-email-client-ht
If that did not work, you will have to change the default Mail program to your browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer)