Function Point is pleased to announce the release of Task Bulk Editing functionality.
In FP, tasks are one of the fundamental building blocks of work in the system. Due to the flexibility of task management (Tasks can be created as part of a Job or as stand-alone items; there has been no forced-close of tasks on Job Close), customers have identified a number of situations where the ability to edit tasks en-masse would be helpful, e.g., batch close of aged-out tasks. FP is pleased to release Task - Bulk Editing as a response to this need.
Task - Bulk Edit Feature Release
Batch editing tasks is accessible when you generate a result list via Tasks -> Find Tasks from the main menu bar.
In this example, we:
1) Select "Find Task" from the Tasks menu on the main menu bar
2) Enter any search criteria you have (In this example, left blank to return all tasks)
3) Select "Find Tasks"
4) Select either the top level selection box (4) to select all tasks that have been returned from the Find Task search or
5) Select individual tasks via the check boxes beside each relevant task
6) Select the Bulk Edit button
7) Select one or more items you wish to change
8) Type or select the new values you wish the selected tasks to be changed *to*
9) Select Apply Changes To Checked Fields.