Function Point is thrilled to announce our upcoming Proofing feature!
This tool makes it easy to get internal and external feedback and approval on image, video, and audio files.
To get started with a Proof, you’ll need to create a Task. If you aren’t familiar with setting up Tasks in Function Point, check out this article for help: What are Tasks?
The Task can either be for proofing specifically (as you can see in the example screenshots) or be for creating the document that will need to be proofed. This will depend on your workflow and what makes the most sense to your team.
From the Task’s “Basic Info” page, navigate to the Proofing tab.
Click the Add Proof button to create a new Proof.
- Give the Proof a name.
- Upload the file or files to be proofed. See Accepted File Types for Proofing.
- Proof Settings:
- Allow approvers to download the uploaded file
- Allow approvers to view all comments, including those made by other approvers
- Enables an “Approval with Changes” status to indicate that the file is approved, pending specified changes
- If you have multiple files, selecting this option will allow approvers to approve them independently
- Only show approvers the most recent version of the file
- Prevent approvers from making comments after they’ve approved or declined a proof
You can edit your settings later by clicking the Edit button.
Once you select Add your proof has been created!
The next step is to set up your approval workflow and start the approval process. Check out this article to learn more: What is a Proofing Workflow and How to Create One
We hope this article was helpful! For more step-by-step articles, videos, and webinars, check out the rest of our Help Centre. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, concerns, or comments. We're happy to help.